Hello again,

Today is the day before the midterm is due for my piano discovery/learning. This means that I should be completed my midterm goals and making my way to my goals for the class final.

Check,

and Check.

I have:

• Learned the importance of selecting which finger to play each note with (finger positioning)
  • I have practiced and played with different dynamics (noise level), and am now comfortable at playing with both constant and fluid (changing) dynamics.
  • Fully played the song Say Something by Ian Axel and Chad Vaccarino with my dominant hand, not stopping at any point.

Before playing this midterm piece, I thought about how I wanted to play it. Whether that be as written or with my own little changes. The changes that I normally play with are: Adding a change in dynamics from Mezzo-Piano to Piano in the final measure, changing a specific note from quarter to two eighth notes, and I usually play through it at a faster pace than written because I am slightly impatient.

However, for this video of me playing, I have decided to play as written except for one thing, and that was the dynamics. I felt that the piece needed that slowing down and tapering off at the end to bring the emotions to a close.

Till next time,

Preston