My Website-Second edition

Hello again,

It has been a while since I last spoke about my websites. Since then much has changed:

Starting with the homework page website (https://blog.4education.ca), I have made many updates. It now has drop-down menus for the subjects (except for technology – no reason behind that). I have also been adding links and keeping the download buttons up-to-date with the latest homework from the various classes. I was given a suggestion by a course-mate to change the color scheme. It used to be a vivid yellow background with a royal purple colored text. Now it is a much duller yellow, and therefore easier to read. I am glad that my Cohort and I have reached the stage of relationships that we are comfortable in giving friendly suggestions and tips.

My second website (https://4education.ca) is now online and ready to be viewed and used. I have a couple of mini warm-up activities for physical education on theirs. I did some trial-and-error exploring and found out how to create a link to a dropbox so that people can (if they choose to) upload their lessons and links for me to add to the website. To do this, I went to the dropbox website and I created an account. I then clicked on the “files” menu, and then the “file requests” menu. From there you can create a file folder that people can drop their content into via a link. With this link seamlessly place on my website, it is now easier for everyone to share their content with me. I have also written a little blurb, in the vicinity of the Contribution button, about privacy. I wrote that if you choose to share anything, it will be uploaded online for all to use for free. I think this won’t deter anyone from uploading things, yet still covers the fact that all contributions will be shared publicly with no profit for anyone.

I am excited to see what this website will turn into, and how many resources I can put on it. I am confused about the layout of the website builder app that I am using. I don’t know if there is a maximum amount of bytes that can be put onto a website. If there is, I shall find out soon enough and will deal with it once it comes up.

Bye for now,

Preston

← Previous Post

Next Post →

1. Preston! Your website is a godsend! Keep up the good charitable work my friend! -Jess 🙂