Hello again,

Today in class, I was taught how to make and build a twitter account, and how to use Trello.

During the lessons, – other than the ‘how to’s’ – we focused on privacy. Basically, if something doesn’t belong to you, you either need permission to use it, or you can’t use it. For example, if you found a photo online and wanted to use it, you, unfortunately, can’t just copy and paste it. You may have to do some research and figure out if it has any sharing limits. Some photos (and other resources) have strict usage policies; others are free for everyone to use – and sometimes edit.

Using Trello seems almost revolutionary for group work. Trello allows the users to color-code their work, move tasks to and from a list like started, doing, and done. You can also assign tasks to specific group members. A teacher can take advantage of this for marking work. Moreover, this allows the teacher to directly monitor the progress of students via the internet. Since it’s via the internet, the teacher and students can leave notes for each other to read and comment on. This gives the teachers an opportunity to help guide the students in the right direction or answer some clarification questions. Here are some basic knowledge and features of Trello. If you already know the basics of Trello, I recommend reading these Pro Tips.

Creating social media is daunting for some people – myself included. I don’t want to spend lots of time on my cellphone or laptop, which takes precious time away from my family and friends. Fortunately, if you make the most of social media and use it wisely, you won’t be wasting your time. Not only do I use social media to connect with friends and family that are living a long distance from myself, but I also use social media to learn. I must be joking, right? Social media can be used to learn, you just have to know who to follow. As a teacher in B.C, you could learn from twitter by following

There are also many chat groups from which you could learn from such as #kinderchat #mathchat.

Till next time,

Preston Forry