Hello again,

I am talking about environmental awareness using games; however, I am talking specifically about games that require the use of technology.

First off if you don’t know what environmental awareness is, click here. There are many games out there that use technology, most are video games. But there is more to technology than video games.

Geocaching is the best example I have found not related to video games.  Geocaching is great for getting the user outside and in nature. This brings environmental awareness to its users subconsciously because the caches are only found in natural areas (parks, ponds, forests, mountains, etc.). When people are not aware of their learning, the learning that occurs is frequently deeply rooted and well understood. Geocaching can be done individually or as a class.

Video-games have the unique ability to attract the attention and focus of every user. Having the class engaged and interested in a topic can be one of the most difficult requirements of teaching. Video-games are not only the attention grabber but also the conduit through which the content is delivered. For a list of educational games for children, click here.

Till next time,

Preston